Naturally Speaking would like to invite PhD students within the Institute of Biodiversity and Animal Health to write a blog post for our Naturally Speaking Blog Post Competition!
The David Searle Prize will be given to the best blog post in one of the following categories:
Selected by the public based on online voting through the Naturally Speaking Website
Naturally Speaking Choice
Selected by the NS Blog Editorial Team and the PGR convenors based on the following:
- Quality of writing
- Good narrative
Each winner will receive a cash prize of £80 pounds!
- Open to ALL Ph.D. students (IBAHCM only)
- The subject should be focused on science (do not need to be limited to your research) but written in a non-scientific way for the general public
- The text should have between 500-1500 words
- Follow the Blog-Working Template.docx
- The blog post should be sent to Ana Costa: email@example.com
- NS Blog posts published by PhD students after July 2019 will also be considered for the competition
- The deadline to submit your blog post for the NS Competition is on May 31st (although we encourage students to start submitting any time!)
- If you would like to receive any feedback from the NS Team on your blog post before submitting it for the competition, the deadline is May 15th.
The winners will be announced on July 17th.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get experience in science communication and it will be also good for your professional development and CV!